A dental implant is a surgical fixture that is placed in the jawbone and allowed to fuse with the bone over the span of a few months. A dental implant acts as a replacement for the root of a missing tooth and ultimately, this artificial tooth root serves to hold a replacement tooth or bridge.
Are dental implants advantageous ? Yes!
1. Dental implants are permanent fixtures, so they look and feel like your own teeth.
2. Dental implants allows you to speak and eat like your natural teeth.
3. Dental implants does not require reducing the size of other teeth as a tooth-supported bridge would. So more of your healthy teeth are left intact improving your long-term oral health.
4. Dental implants are simply more convenient in comparison to dentures. They eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures.
5. Dental implants could last you a life-time with good oral care.